bscap0005.jpg
Bats!
bscap0005.jpg (87.23 KiB) Viewed 891 times

bscap0006.jpg
Lava worm?
bscap0006.jpg (110.62 KiB) Viewed 891 times

What do you think about the changes? :)
By Lizard-13
#66196 Looking good, but with the new nice character other graphics are now somehow inconsistent, especially the ship (is not using the same shade palette and light/shadow levels) :)
By Jubeliuksen3
Lizard-13 wrote:Looking good, but with the new nice character other graphics are now somehow inconsistent, especially the ship (is not using the same shade palette and light/shadow levels) :)

Thanks! Yeah, everything is work in progress and not final. For now I just try to make the game further and I don't even try to make other sprites look better :) Or I will if I get inspiration to do that, just like with player character :D
By Jubeliuksen3
#66222 Follow the game on gamejolt if you're interested the game I'm making: https://gamejolt.com/games/tundmatu/192044
FOLLOW!.png
FOLLOW!.png (165.47 KiB) Viewed 856 times

There is only Devlog for now, but I'll release the new demo version when the game is more complete :)

Thank you!
By Jubeliuksen3
#66747 Try the new demo version of the game!
https://gamejolt.com/games/tundmatu/192044
https://rapagamez.itch.io/tundmatu

Mysterious wormhole appears near to the earth
and people begin to disappear.
The adventurer of the galaxy is called for help to
solve the mystery of the wormhole and missing people.
And as always, everything doesn’t go as planned…

Controls:
Move and aim: Arrow keys
Jump: Z
shoot: X
map: V
Activate: C
Weapon: A & S

Supports Xbox 360 controller

FOLLOW!.png
FOLLOW!.png (165.47 KiB) Viewed 647 times
By Jubeliuksen3
#67664 Gamejolt All-time analytics (almost 2 years):
Analytics.png
Analytics.png (11.81 KiB) Viewed 73 times

Thanks everyone who has played the game and especially the one that support me with that 1$! The game is progressing slowly but surely! Last month, july was holiday from work so I did like everyone in holiday: Taking easy and not even thinking about work or anything like that, so I didn't make any progress of making the game (couple of times I opened GDevelop but didn't do much :roll: ).
But now it's time to start again :lol:

https://gamejolt.com/games/tundmatu/192044
By ddabrahim
#67665 2882 views in 2 years :?
And it is not even unique views right? Also count people go back to download and check progress...etc

Maybe you should do a bit more advertising and also release the game for Linux may even for HTML5 and GameJolt definitely not a nice platform for being discovered. I mean, at itch.io I've been getting that many views just in the past few months from people was searching at itch.io.
My crappy Asteroids game been getting 700 views in the past few months alone and I didn't even advertised and have been not featured on Youtube unlike your game :oops:

Honestly in my opinion itch.io is the best platform to share indie games. I also use it to support and purchase titles I'm interested in. Of course it did not replaced Steam just yet, but anything not available on Steam I get it from itch.io.

This game is one of the most polished game ever made with GD, and also a pretty nice Metroid style platformer, would deserve more support and attention and on a better platform it would in my opinion. GameJolt sucks, evidence is right there :evil:
By Wendigo
#67666 Now this is really funny.
When I saw Jubeliuksen3 screen shot with nearly 3000 views and over 800 downloads my jaw was dropping. I got a whopping 10 views and 0 downloads with my Sakawochi on release day and noone visited my game page ever after.
To me this is a fantastic number you posted up there. You really made me envious ;)

Are you still using GD4? Would you be able to switch to GD5 with a reasonable effort? I too would really like to play Tundmatu on Linux.
By ddabrahim
I got a whopping... 0 downloads with my Sakawochi

That's because your game runs in the browser, don't forget about that :twisted:

noone visited my game page ever after

I did :cry:

In general you also want to make sure the labels and flags are relevant to make sure it come up in searches....
By Jubeliuksen3
#67668 @ ddabrahim

2882 views in 2 years?
And it is not even unique views right? Also count people go back to download and check progress...etc

Maybe you should do a bit more advertising and also release the game for Linux may even for HTML5 and GameJolt definitely not a nice platform for being discovered. I mean, at itch.io I've been getting that many views just in the past few months from people was searching at itch.io.
My crappy Asteroids game been getting 700 views in the past few months alone and I didn't even advertised and have been not featured on Youtube unlike your game

I was in the front page about week or so when I released the game and I get most of the views then. September 22 (release day) - October 31 I get totally 1690 views and 2060 views end of the year so I get almost every view in that 3 months and 8 days :lol: But after that the game was year or more little or not at all progressing. Now it gets little bit more views per day because the game is in the Gdevelop game showcase.
I don't mind and stress those views right now, just because I haven't advertise that game almost at all. Only devlogs and when I show something new and put it on youtube (Latest video of the game two months ago 59 views so you can see how useful that is :lol: ) And recommend the game to let's players in the gamejolt forums.
Active and aggressive advertising comes when game is more complete etc. Now this is enough "advertising" :)

Honestly in my opinion itch.io is the best platform to share indie games. I also use it to support and purchase titles I'm interested in. Of course it did not replaced Steam just yet, but anything not available on Steam I get it from itch.io.

I believe that and Game is in the Itch.io but I find it too... too... something :D Maybe it is that I get used to Gamejolt and now it's too hard to jump itch... I think I just should try to learn it.

This game is one of the most polished game ever made with GD, and also a pretty nice Metroid style platformer, would deserve more support and attention and on a better platform it would in my opinion. GameJolt sucks, evidence is right there :evil:

Thanks for your kind words! Gamejolt might sucks, but I think my own behavior to not advertise the game is why the analytics looks how it look :D

@Wendigo
Now this is really funny.
When I saw Jubeliuksen3 screen shot with nearly 3000 views and over 800 downloads my jaw was dropping. I got a whopping 10 views and 0 downloads with my Sakawochi on release day and noone visited my game page ever after.
To me this is a fantastic number you posted up there. You really made me envious ;)

Are you still using GD4? Would you be able to switch to GD5 with a reasonable effort? I too would really like to play Tundmatu on Linux.

Hah thanks! :D Don't be envious, that's 2 years views :D
Yep still GD4. I'll wait when GD5 supports tilemap object and other things that gd4 have. Maybe next release is playable on linux :)