- Tue 10 Jul 2018, 10:01
Hey ddabrahim, thank you for your kind and honest words.
I indeed intend to publish it on itch.io in the near future but before I do this I'd like to get some feedback from other developers. There have been some issues with sound on android for example on my side and before I'm going more public I'd like to sort this out.
Even this WIP thread came too early since the initial version of Sakawochi was very bugged and unintuitive to use.
I'd really like to become a "real" indie developer one day which is why I want to publish only polished and nice looking games to the public so my portfolio doesn't start with kindergarten graphics full of bugs. Sakawochi will probably not become the next Minecraft but I'd still like to train the PR stuff as early as possible since it is (unfortunately) one of the most important things for game creators nowadays.
Unfortunately I haven't yet gotten any feedback for any platform while at the same time the game has issues on my own (dated Android phone) hardware. So I can't publish it with a good conscience at the moment.My own test results so far (family+friends):GD5 Preview / Web export:
- Everything runs perfectly fine with Firefox and ChromeAndroid
- Huawai Honor U8860 with Andorid 4.0.3 -> no sound, runs very slow since WebGL was introduced around Android 5 or 6
- Samsung Galaxy S5 mini -> doesn't run at all, just a black screen
- Wiko Cink Peax 2 -> runs smoothly but without sound and the game freezes after a couple of secondsUbuntu Touch
- Fair Phone 2 -> runs nicely, only the sound level doesn't update immediately - need to change the scene for that