Announcements, feedbacks and other discussions about GDevelop.
By av8rgamez
#65303 Hey everyone. I have been using Gdevelop off and on but keep switching back to Gamemaker Studios because I keep running into problems with my first game on GD. I am gonna complete it on Gamemaker Studio 2 but will start making my other 2d games with GD. I like GMS2 but it's so dang expensive to get the other exports. I love GD and would like to keep it moving forward. Would love to be able to export 2 ps4 or XB. How much money is GD trying to average per month :?: Also can someone make a tutorial about external events :?: My 1st game is called Space Blitz'd. I replicated most of it on GD but moved back to GMS2. You can see a video of game play on my Instagram @ av8rgamez. I will be uploading a vid on youtube as well. Thanks
By 4ian
#65305 I've released GD5 beta 26 :mrgreen:

• A new raycast condition was made by Lizard-13 (a big thank you!!). It enables to easily create line-of-sight for enemies or things like lasers (see the updated "zombies and laser" example).
  • You can edit resources properties (in particular image smoothing) - no multiselection for now as I did this very quickly but I'll add this later
  • There is a new preview button to launch a Preview over wifi (also called Preview on local network/Preview on LAN). It's very simple to use: click on the button, enter the URL that you got on your mobile/tablet browser and try the preview instantly. There is also a live reload, meaning that when you click on the preview button again, all devices running the game will start it again :D
  • I've added a splashscreen with the logo of GDevelop when a game starts. It's very simple and I think it's a fair deal for almost all users that use GDevelop freely :) I think most of you are ok with it. If you don't like it, you can get a subscription (even the indie one which is €2 per month) to be able to disable it.

The Preview over wifi is new and should be very useful. You can try it freely - the only thing is that I added a window asking you to get a subscription to support GDevelop development.
It won't prevent the feature to be used (I took the model of softwares like Sublime Text - no DRM, nothing fancy, just an explanation window), so that you can try by yourself and judge if it's worth a subscription (that also unlock one-click android export and the optional splashscreen).

Also I'm going to need help to document the Preview over wifi feature :D
By ddabrahim
#65312 The splash screen is not enabled by default, I don't need a subscription to export without splash.
The preview over wifi unfortunately doesn't work for me it is just "waiting" and the game never get loaded on my device
By John Wienke
The preview over wifi unfortunately doesn't work for me it is just "waiting" and the game never get loaded on my device

I was having the same problem ddabrahim. You need to go into your firewall settings, and give GDevelop 5 permission to communicate over Private and/or Public depending on what type of network your on. That fixed it for me.
By ddabrahim
#65323 I did. It must be something else. I had the same problem with C2, the solution was to run it as admin maybe this is the case with GD too but I don't normally run anything as admin.

Thanks anyway.
By 4ian
#65334 The preview over wifi is starting a tiny HTTP server so that may be the reason.
Not sure if I could detect this situation to display an error message.

You're on Windows right? Will take a look
By ddabrahim
You're on Windows right?

Yes.

Will take a look

Probably it is something on my end, don't bother unless you think it important.

Thanks anyway.
By 4ian
#65513 "Save as" is currently... not yet implemented in GD5! But will add it soon!
Will also see for adding the other features.

I've been working on a few performances improvements for the editor that should speed-up the interface for large games.