Share your games made with GDevelop or GDevApp with the community
By Gelo
#63375 Hi Everyone!

Today was a really busy day for me but I wanted to share with you the Artwork made by an artist for the game that will be the face for the game and it will be displayed as a banner during MegaconHN take a look:

Isn't it cool? by the way the name of the game has been decided and it's going to be Armony Code.

Also I made progress with the protagonist sprite but there's still a lot of work to do but until October 10th I'll work with this one because I really need to launch the first alpha build before that date.

I'll be super busy tomorrow too because I have to receive a training at the chamber of commerce before presenting the game and also I'll have a meeting with an artist that will help with music but I'll animate more during the night when I came back Hopefully I'll have and update to share ^_^

Until next update!
By Gelo
#63455 Edit [ Sorry I didn't realize that I have already posted the animation gif x_X but yeah the small progress I made was on animations that was the point :P ]

Hi everyone 0/

It has been a long time without updates but today I have a special one.

First and the more important is that progress in new animations is being made... slowly but it's being made, here's the idle animation in all 4 sides:

Also today I presented my pitch of the game in the chamber of commerce in Tegucigalpa here take a look:

This is the reason of the slow progress of the game and I still have to improve my pitch, finish and deliver a 90+ pages business plan before Friday BUT I MUST have a playable demo of the game by October 17th because in that week I'll have the presentation that matters because is in front of investors and it has to look awesome even for a non gamer person... because the investor aren't gamers and if they don't say: "hey, that looks cool" they will put their money in a baleadas business or something like that. I'm confident on my business mumbo jumbo but I need a solid game build too.

So since I don't want to throw to the trash can all the effort I put the last 3 months on this, you can expect fast progress from this Saturday and Forward and hopefully you can help me with feedback on the demo so I can bring a tiny but awesome demo ^_^

Well that's all until next time!
By Gelo
#63510 Hi Everyone 0/,

As I said on my last post now that I'm free from the business plan I delivered last week I'll be able to focus more on the game and here is the progress I made today:

I basically just created the core structure of some systems that I'm going to use such as the Mobs AI here take a look of the first steps:

At the moment it's kinda messy and they move too constantly and that makes them hard to pick:

But hey this are the fist steps on the behavior of the enemies, it just need balancing aaaand... I need some animations and assets for them because I want them to behave as the power they give, for example: The electric mob should move quick like doing a dash and stop to try shock the player when near meanwhile the water one will move and let some water to slow you down.

And to achieve that I need the graphic assets because just to tell them: move randomly while the player is far and move to player's position when near is already done and is the base for each behavior at least for these 2, there will be some that attack from long range.

Also I made all powers functional but are bare bones which means they lack makeup here take a look to the electric one:

Quick Movement
    Throws sparks that damage enemies and paralyze them for a few seconds

Here is the Water one (Also without makeup)

Shoots water that slows down enemies
    Dodging ability

by the way the new thing here is that now you shoot no matter which direction you are facing even if you dodge, something that gave me some troubles before I could achieve it :P

And finally the mix between the 2 above:

Water comes from your feet and you can slide leaving water ponds charged with electricity and will make you move faster
    Then by pressing "A" you send an electric shock that electrifies the enemies near by the water ponds

Yeah I know hard to get it from the gif but trust me all the "code" needed is there I just need the assets, The small blue pixels is the trace you are leaving and once you press A they change to yellow.... with the assets the blue pixels will look like water and once you press A it will trigger and animation and also an animation from the near by enemies and when it finishes it will remove the enemies from the map.

Also there's a value that limits you how much you can slide and this value will recover over time. Just to keep things balanced because if not it will be easy to put tons of water and then kaboom jajajaja and also you will move too fast all the time.

Well that's all for today, now I'm going back to make those assets and then show you this mechanics with the makeup on them.

Until Next time!
By Gelo
#63518 Hi Everyone 0/

Just wanted to show the process is being made, first the sparks that you shoot has an animation... still needs improvements but now you can tell it's electricity

Also I added some animations for when you are water sliding with the mix of electric and water power take a look:

As you may have noticed I'm slow at making graphic assets so it actually only works for the front side. Until I can't afford (of find a volunteer) for the graphic assets the development will be kind of slow or graphically speaking unpolished.

Well I don't want to annoy you with small updates so I'll make a new update until I finish the other sides and that you can electrify the mobs.

Until next time!
By Gelo
Kink wrote:Keep going dude ! It's really cool :)

Thanks Kink! I appreciate your comment, let's see what I can accomplish this afternoon to see if I have something to show at evening if not at least I'll have something for tomorrow for sure :)
By Gelo
#63600 Something I was thinking about lately was how to achieve larger maps with the quasi procedural system that I made for my jam game Heaven's Tea Party so this new game could have more content at low cost to me. Well I think I found way to do it so I try it out, here are the results:

This is a satisfactory result that I had, It only uses 6 shapes which means I only will need to do 6 graphic assets for the World 1 floor and walls and get tons of results. This saves me time ^_^

As you can see it is divided by different shapes that match well together. It just randomly select the first shape, then if that shape has 2 directions to go it again randomly selects a path to go and then checks if there isn't anything occupying that slot and then it randomly selects from possible solutions what shape should go next and repeats.

I made it this way so the game can fill the sections with mobs, puzzles and decorations one by one to create the whole map for that level.

Also I like that it generates them quickly. Here are few more but since I haven't finish the system they are small.

I think this will work for this game let's see how far I can push this idea for the game.

Until Next TIme!
By Lizard-13
#63603 I can see that some of the zones (for example the final blue zone in the first gif) can go backward, do your algorithms prevent them to collide with previous zones?
Nice idea by the way, debug with color zones approved! :D
By Gelo
Lizard-13 wrote:I can see that some of the zones (for example the final blue zone in the first gif) can go backward, do your algorithms prevent them to collide with previous zones?
Nice idea by the way, debug with color zones approved! :D

Hey thanks! yeah, it's just a grid and each time it creates a section it flags that slot with a variable changing it from "Free" to "Used" so when it reaches an used slot it stops there :) . it's the first stuff it does before doing the rest, check if the next slot is free