GDevApp in the Chrome Web Store

GDevApp is now registered in the Chrome Web Store and can be added in the list of apps displayed in your Chrome Browser (or in your App Launcher on Windows or MacOS if you use it).

You can view it in the Web Store here: chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … pbmmeonppm

Please do not hesitate to add it to your Chrome and give it a good rating to get more visibility in the Chrome Store :smiley:

GDevApp needs some things yet, but I think it’s a good move :slight_smile:
Good work! :smiley:

What about the Firefox marketplace ? It’s pretty easy to make it compatible with it : https://marketplace.firefox.com/developers/

Excellent idea, I’ll take a look at it! :smiley:

Is there any difference between the chrome app and the one I log into here?

Nope, they are the same :slight_smile:

Cool :slight_smile:

Just a note for the website: gdevapp.com -Top left, there is an icon/link to the blog, but the url is wrong and dosn’t work.
There is an ‘/’ to much :slight_smile:

In the GdevApp object editor, can you edit points like you can in GDevelop? I couldn’t find it.

Hello,
Does this mean the app will work on a chromebook? I was considering buying one for on the go, and it would be really great if I could do my game development too :slight_smile:

Thanks

drew

That should work yes :slight_smile:
Note that GDevApp is still more limited than GDevelop, better try it now before switching to a Chromebook :slight_smile:

That’s good to know. I assume I can still prototype on gdevapp and open those files in gdevelop though right? That would be good as well. How far away is the functionality of gdevapp from gdevelop?

You can do this indeed. But images aren’t exported from GDevApp so you’ll have to open the game and replace all the images of the game by local images :slight_smile:
Apart from this it’s pretty similar.

GDevApp is limited in the way that it support only a few extensions and one scene.

Is the plan then to eventually make it “gdevelop on the web” eventually, in terms of what it will be capable of?

(A side note: I acquired a chromebook, and after reinstalling crouton twice, I am now running gdevelop full version and can hot swap between ubuntu and Chrome OS with hotkeys :smiley: :smiley: )

But I can’t seem to make it work, in my chrome browser.

Because GDevApp doesn’t exist anymore, it was merged into “GDevelop” instead since the announcement of GD5 :wink:
You can try it here : 4ian.github.io/GD/

(4ian has to update the forum to rename GDevApp ;P)