Randomly Generated Maze (Proof of concept)

This in itself cannot be considered a game and I don’t really know what to do with it but I think it is really cool and if there is interest I can explain how it can be done…

Brief History: After visiting the BoardGameGeek boards in order to broaden my horizons i found this solitaire game where the guy makes a maze with a regular deck of cards… To give credit where credit is due the game is called “Don´t let them get you” by Jan Schröder and its topic can be found here boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/163 … em-get-you

Anyway I thought i can make something like that in Gdevelop. So Here it is…

meviportal.esy.es/procedural/01/

You move the white square with the arrows in order to catch the black stars along the blue roads… If you go on the gray areas the level resets… And yes it is procedurally generated different every time…

Tell me what you think…

Really cool
How are made your maze ?

Nice work, I also tried once to generate a random maze but it was doing me headache to make sure all the maze pieces fit together and to make sure we have a path and only one to get to the exit. :laughing:

In case you made it in GD5, you might want to submit to 4ian as an example, he is currently collecting examples to be included with GD5.

It is actually made in GD4, however from what i have seen it is practically the same… It actually is just one sprite for the maze…

I am going to make a tutorial for this and if 4ian wants, he can use it…

Does anyone know if I can use the car assets from the examples in GD4??? I was thinking in making it a racing style like in GTA2 for the tutorial…

Hey there, I love this procedural generation, a tutorial on this would be awesome. :slight_smile: