Starlit Melody [WIP - needs playtesting]

So… This is an experimental HTML5 video game while I am still learning this amazing software…

It is based on a video I made last summer for a NASA competition and it is a fairytale… I experimented with the audio (still needs work) and the mobile movement…

Basically if you play it on a computer you can use the Arrows to move the star and the Space button to glow… On a touch screen device you swipe on the left side of the screen to determine the direction of the star movement and you tap on the right side to glow…

I would really appreciate some play testing here since i basically want to know how the movement feels and if it is clear what needs to be done…

There are 3 stages for now and if i complete the whole video there will be about 15 of them…

Plus I have made myself everything in this video including the voice-over…

You can play it online here and any comments good or bad are more than welcome…

meviportal.esy.es/sm/11/

Here are some screenshots…

Another really nice project, with the graphics as always high level I adore the space backgrounds, the font used is nice, the voice inside the game I do not know if it is your still in:P wisdom.

Congratulations.

Although the other game if I’m not mistaken it was just for mobile anyway, keep it up.

The point and click Adventures are very nice and many people like it especially,

Thank you Luca for your feedback… Yes it is my voice in the game (and my music and my graphics etc…) and I am glad you liked it…

Did you find it easy to figure out what you need to do in the game???

The Quick-Dead western game was built for mouse and keyboard… The touch controls were entered later and I am not very happy with them, which is why I tried this different approach to touch controls this time…

Very good!
All sounds (music, voice) are great and in perfect harmony with the concept of the game.
All the images are yours too, i guess? Pretty good, pretty good.

At first, i had a bit of difficulty to progress in scene 2 ( the heart) but it was my fault because the clue (the text) was obvious! The “star” just didn´t glow at first, but as i said, it was probably me.

The movement is very smoth, perfect really. Not a problem at all with that so i think you found the right settings for that.
The “cosmic guitar” scene was the last one for me… No more scenes beyond that one, i guess? Or did i miss something? :slight_smile:

I am really glad you liked it Micos… And yes all graphics and images are mine… Thank god for Blender and Makehuman…

The cosmic guitar scene is indeed the last one for now… I wanted to see if it is clear to the players what needs to be done and how the mobile controls behaved before I started working on the next ones…

As for the “heart” scene, I think the target area is a bit small and needs to be larger… I will fix that in the next release…

The cosmic guitar scene looks fantastic, and it’s great that you’re considering user experience and controls before diving into the next ones.