Replace the AdMob plugin that steal ads revenue

[b]Hi There;

Gdevelop depends on Cordova plugin called “cordova-plugin-admobpro” this plugin is Not Free. The plugin will automatically take 2% off revenue once your app makes more than $1000. If you do not want to take 2% revenue you can buy a license for $20. You can read more about the license.

As Google AdMob does not disclose how much revenue an app has made. This plugin will estimate when you app will make $1000 and then take 2% revenue. All of this sounds very unclear to me. Also, there is no saying if the revenue will be increased form 2% to 10$?

On the other hand, there is a very good alternative Free and open source plugin with a lot of great features and best of all with no hidden fees or any sort of revenue deductions, check it out on the following link: github.com/ratson/cordova-plugin-admob-free

It will be great to replace the current plugin with this one[/b]

I didn’t know that about the current admob plugin, wondering if 4ian did know about it.

Seems like this plugin does support reward video ad which is exactly what I need and campaigning for 2 days. I would love to see this in GDevelop.
I see the developer of this plugin is currently asking for regular monthly donations to fund the development of the plugin.
I think, 4ian should make a deal with the developer and make this plugin available only to subscribers and pay X% after each subscription to the developer of this plugin. After all, we are talking about a feature that is meant to help us make revenue, so paying a monthly fee to get access to the feature to implement in our game would be total fine with me.

Anyhow, I would love to see reward video ads in GD.

Bro the developer of cordova-plugin-admob-free asking donations for his next plugin which goes by the name of cordova-plugin-AdMob-plus. While cordova-plugin-admob-free is totally free and open source and he didn’t ask for any fees so why we should make it with a subscriptionin Gdevelop??

Gdevelop is an open source project and we can help the development team and contributors with making great hits games and I am sure that a lot of people will support this engine I near future but if we turned every important feature to a subscription plan I think it will become just another commercial engine like construct2 and click fusion steam 2

Let’s keep it free and open source

Bro devs asking for support because they need it. Otherwise it may no longer be developed. Bro. Got it?

Does anyone know if we have switched plugins or if we are still using the one that cuts off 2%?

@ddabrahim @4ian

We’re using (see the code) GitHub - ratson/cordova-plugin-admob-free: New development has been moved to "admob-plus-cordova", https://github.com/admob-plus/admob-plus/tree/master/packages/cordova which has no ad-sharing/revenue sharing, no weird requests to remote servers and is fully open-source :slight_smile:

2 Likes