[BUG] Objects and scene variables can not be selected...

In the latest version of GD5 (beta 55) I’m experiencing some weird behavior.

1. In events, the scene variable editor can not be opened to choose the variable from the list. The button is grey. Fortunately if I enter the variable name manually, it still works.

2. In some events like change text of Text object and change Size of Sprite object the object does not seem to show up for me in the event and the event doesn’t seem to work not even if I enter the name manually.
    But it is not consistent. I do remember the event to change the text of text object did work the other day, but then I removed the event and renamed the text object. Now, when I tried to change the text of the text object again using event, the text object doesn’t show up in the event and the event doesn’t work not even if I enter the name of the object manually. The same apply for changing the size of the sprite object. The sprite object doesn’t show up in the list, and does not work not even if I enter it manually.

Can anyone confirm it a bug?

//EDIT: seems like restarting GD do fix the problem with the event to change text of text object. Not sure how to reproduce it or why it happened… The problem with the event to resize an object still doesn’t seem to work for me not even after restart…

From a quick view, it seems that all of this is related to objects being not present in the list of objects.

1. In events, the scene variable editor can not be opened to choose the variable from the list. The button is grey. Fortunately if I enter the variable name manually, it still works.

I guess this was for an object?

Are you sure your object is of the right type for the action/condition? If it’s a group, is the group only composed of objects of the right type for the action/condition?

If not, can you send me the game? I’ve never seen an issue with GDevelop being unable to show the list of objects. If something is not present, it’s that it can’t be used so I’m quite surprised.

1. It is in the storage event to read value from file in to scene variable, the button to choose scene variable is grey.

2. In case of the object size, the problem was that in custom function in the argument the type of the object was set to “any”, as soon I set it to “sprite” it started to work. Thanks.
    In case of the change text of text object, not sure what the problem was, the text object was present in the object list, I even added multiple but nothing was coming up in the event to choose text object. Since restarted GD could not reproduce it, so I have nothing to share unfortunately. Hopefully never come back…

Thanks for looking in to it.