Real Fullscreen

Hi!

Currently the fullscreen runs more like a borderless, display-sized window. Is there a way to make a native game run in fullscreen without changing the internal resolution? I know there are no such actions in GDevelop, but is there another way to achieve this? Perhaps using a C++ code event or an external exe wrapper, or injecting code into a compiled game? I would like to first render everything, and then upscale the result to a fullscreen size.

There are at least two reasons why I want to do this. Firstly, pixel art games are very cost effective to make, and I prefer when a pixel art game has only whole value pixels. Secondly, and much more importantly, I’m sure there would be a huge performance boost, allowing us to make visually much more elaborate games.

For example, an empty scene uses up to 50% of my GPU when run in fullscreen. My current project uses up around 80%. But if I manually change my display resolution to a lower setting, and then run the game in fullscreen it only uses up to 9% of the GPU. I think that’s an amazing performance boost while achieving the same effect onscreen.

Hopefully we can find a way to achieve this in-game, I’m sure it would help a lot of people.

Edit: I was looking into this API >> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms692402(v=vs.85).aspx
Does anybody know whether it could be implemented? It also comes with handy color effects.