Newgrounds API?

Hi! I’m sorry, I don’t know much and this is probably a very silly question but I didn’t find anything about it in here.
I am not sure about how API works and I was wondering if there’s a way to use Newgrounds API with GameDevelop? And if so, how?

1 Like

Gdevelop has an action to make an http request to a website and to convert JSON to a string. I do not know if the Newgrounds API responds in XLM or in JSON, but if the response is in JSON it would be easy to interact with the API

1 Like

I have an extension file for newgrounds API if you want, how do you upload files here?

Hello @planktonfun

Thank you for wanting to share with the community. If you have an extension, I’d recommend two things:

1. Submit and upload your extension to the main extension github to see about getting it added to the main extension repository: GitHub - GDevelopApp/GDevelop-extensions: Repository of behaviors, actions, conditions and expressions to be used in GDevelop for creating games You can upload a copy here.
  2. Consider making a thread in the Community section with a link to the extension. You will not be able to upload it directly to the forum as that type of attachment isn’t possible, but if you’ve submitted it for #1, you can link to your submission there. If you’ve not completed #1, you’ll need to upload it to a file sharing service and link to that.

Separately, while we greatly appreciate your desire to share this with the community, but in the future please do not bump multi-year old threads. This request was from 2018, which was for GD4 which was basically a completely different engine. Thank you!