move a platform

i new novice,my english is very poor,i have created a platform,but i don´t know ,how it makes move this platform,for example for move up/down or left/right,
and another question is ,this platform can predeterminate way?

You can move a platform with any logic to move an object in general, for example in some examples there are invisible objects that change the platform direction when the first collide with the second, this way:

Conditions: Always (No conditions)
Actions: Move HorizontalPlatform with a force of Platform.Variable(Direction)*200; 0   // this will move the platform left or right at speed = 200

Conditions: Platform collides with MoveLeft
Actions: Do = -1 to the variable Direction of Platform    // the platform will move at left

Conditions: Platform collides with MoveRight
Actions: Do = 1 to the variable Direction of Platform   // the platform will move at right

But there are a lot of different ways to achieve it :slight_smile:

Do you ask if you can make the platform to follow a predeterminate path? If so, check the Path behavior, but you’ll have to play a bit with its options to get it right :wink:

Yes, it’s not a very user-friendly part of GDevelop and there’s nothing in the wiki about it. I had assumed you could just draw the path onto the main scene (something like this: d2.alternativeto.net/dist/s/50ca … cale=false ), but having the path drawn in a completely separate window is unhelpful and difficult to get right. :frowning:

“but having the path drawn in a completely separate window is unhelpful and difficult to get right.”

Is this possible in gdevelop right now?

(wiki.compilgames.net/doku.php/gd … athfinding)
This guide is the only one a can find on pathfinding and it doesn’t help me much. How to perform the advanced function?

Atm, I making a kind of isometric 2d game, camera view is from above.

I can’t tell which way the enemy is going to take if they even move at all.

Also, what is “virtual cell height” and “width” that is associated with the pathfinding object? Is it the padding around the object that makes sure the object leave some room towards other objects?
In that case, has the pathfinding function been reversed since that guide?

Oh, I just realized that there is two different extensions.
Pathfinding behavior and Path behavior.

Now I have to find out how to solve my problems :smiley: