[IDEA] Game creation teams

hi,
maybe it is good a section for people looking for other people to make games together??
For example I’m not a graphic designer and have to look for free stuff or do myself some ugly graphics, and I think I’m not the only one.
Maybe is a good idea to be able to ask for other people to join and do a big project.
Just an idea :smiley:

1 Like

It is very difficult to find collabs on the forum simply because everyone got his or her main project and everyone wants to work on his own. But if you still manage to find someone to work with, it is always difficult to decide who is in charge and what direction the project should go. I did offer my help to so many people on the forum but never worked out mainly because what most people want is " I tell you what I need and you get it done by tomorrow". Once a guy was demand VoIP meeting every night. The worst part is when someone expect you to work on the project full time. People are crazy, especially the artists. :laughing:

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
you are right it is difficult to get oeople together but it would be nice :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The problem is that everybody think their idea is better that the others, classic in a same-decision-level team. Big studios separate story, graphics, environment, sound designers and more, each one makes their own decisions to get the best from the team, but have some freedom… except programmers, programmers do what they are asked for, no more no less, and nobody will tell the programmers how to do this or that because nobody else in the team knows how to program :laughing:

EDIT: Of course, in even bigger studios, there’re artist/story/programming leaders, commanding their own group of “lackeys” (jk :stuck_out_tongue:) to do exactly what they want, without decision power I guess :neutral_face:

1 Like

I agree that this would be a nice idea. I, for example, can create the logic of a game (work out the actions needed, develop the program flow, etc.), but I’m not very good at graphic design. A place where I can say “Hey, anyone able to create some sprites for me? Here’s an idea of what I need…” would be handy.

1 Like

thats my case too. And that is the idea, you could say anyone want to cooperate I want to so this. Maybe a new subforum

1 Like

Is a good idea, but the problem IMHO is that doesn’t sound like “cooperate”, I imagine cooperating like “what do you think if we do this > nice, but this one could be better, let’s change for this one > great!, not convinced about this little thing however > blah blah blah”, yeah I’ve explained it like a 8 years old kid, but you get the idea :stuck_out_tongue:

What you’re asking for is more like a free artist/employee for your game :imp:

Maybe I’m wrong, but pretty sure I’m not the only one that thinks that way, such work system almost never work (almost, not never), just warning you :slight_smile:

The only way something like this can work if you release your game as open-source with the appropriate license. So everyone benefit from it but when you are developing a commercial game in private I can’t see why would anyone help you out with custom art for free. Would be nice but not realistic in my opinion. In case you mean ask for paid job, could have a topic I guess dedicated to post jobs and staff.

hi
you can cooperate or help others with your work. I know it is messy but I dom’t think people here can do a mega Game not because they aren’t good it is because they don’t have the necessary resources.
In my case I use my spare time between work and growing my children and try to help others
We could all collaborate in a game could be possible, bu they are just ideas

Yeah, is a great idea, the only point I’m noting here is that it isn’t the same “collaborating” in a common project (great thing btw) than “I need these resources, make them for me plz” :slight_smile:

you are right, theu are two different ways to collaborate.
One all togehter doing a big production :smiley:
Other could be the oportunity for new graphic and music designers to help new “programmers” with their job in exchange of being referenced in the Game.
Just some ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like