Help in rpg

Hi im new in gdev and im reading the docs to learn gd i have a question, is there anyway to have clothes changing system, u know something like when im press the g my armor change without to creat my character with that armor
And can i have the agility and strength in gd like if u increase the strength ur damage increase
If i continue the docs will i learn this things or no ?
Srry for my bad English writing

For the equipment (clothes, weapons) with multiple visuals, you’ll have to create an object for each type of equipment and add animations with the different looks.
For example add an object “Helmet”, with different animations (animation 0: cloth hood, animation 1: iron helmet, animation 2: steel helmet). When you want to change the helmet look just switch the animation.
Finally place the objects over the player position, for example always locate the helmet object on the head of the player. You can attach a “head” point in the player sprite to help you place the helmet :slight_smile:

For the strength > damage, it’s up to you, you have to set the strength and other stats as object variables, owned by the player or enemies.
Then you’ll have to use some math to get the damage in function of the strength, defense, etc. For example:

Do - (Player.Variable(strength)*PlayerWeapon.Variable(base_damage) + 1) / (Enemy.Variable(defense) + EnemyArmor.Variable(base_armor)) to the variable "life" of enemy

That’s just some random math, but you get the idea :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Very useful ty :smiley: