Wanted: videos of your games made with GDevelop!

Hi everyone,

We were discussing of making a “showreel” video showing a bunch of games made with GDevelop. Would be super useful for the website and the upcoming Itch.io page 4ian.itch.io/gdevelop :smiley:
Please post as an answer in this thread any link to videos of your games or demos!

39 Likes

Great idea! I was making that kind of “showreel” of GDevelop games about month ago, but I was too lazy to finish it :smiley:

Do you make this kind of video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWSr2UmKwA
So if I send you 8 min video you edit and put best parts in the “showreel”?
Or do you put that 8 min video in there and “this is made using gdevelop” and then next to it is another video of another game “this is made using gdevelop”? :smiley:

7 Likes

yes please, upload hd videos to youtube or other hosts of gd games or gd newide in use. Then share the links here. We will use them to create a cool montage

2 Likes

I think instead of using video hosting sites, devs should use a file sharing platform or cloud storage to share the actual video files. It is because most video hosting sites do not allow to download videos and you want to edit those files in to one right?

Also, worth mentioning in case someone don’t know how, Windows 10 got a a super easy to use screen recorder built-in:
cnet.com/how-to/use-the-xbo … indows-10/
You can make a video recording of any window in few minutes on Windows 10 with this built-in tool.

4 Likes

Hi 4ian!

Here is our game Magical Miri, is still in progress but we are almost there.
youtu.be/AO62qA9h4SE

Thank you!!

10 Likes

I’ll get a video up as soon as I’ve got something looking decent. :sunglasses:

I’m finding GDevelop so amazing. Most of the troubles I’m having with it are either easily fixed or in the pipeline to be fixed or just part of my stupidity.

Thanks for such an amazing piece of software. :smiley:

4 Likes

Just a demo: https://youtu.be/HLaaA97Ybhg

1 Like

@Erdo-dp
Dude… The link you’ve provided sends you to the “The top 100 games of all time” youtube video. Which one of those 100 is your game? Or is there something wrong with my browser?

4 Likes

A giant list of BOARD games btw, so don’t believe any of them was made with GD… or he created an extension to link GD and a 3D printer :laughing:

Just kidding, surely a bad copy-paste :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, I made those 100 games…

… well, maybe just 50 of them, or perhaps it was a slip… I don’t remember.

This is the video I wanted to show. Just some environmental procedure of my current project:

MO’RU preview

Anyways, I’ll upload something better soon, I have already done a cycle of of fruit popping-up and ripening, some annoying squirrels messing around and some parallax scrolling. I promise to NOT include the f"&#ing cursor the next time.

4 Likes

Would be nice to mention in the description or title of the videos it is made with GDevelop as proof, you know just to avoid trolls posting videos of games made by others in other engines.

Also, I think the showreel video should be made in a free video editor and made available on GitHub so people could maybe help to compile the latest and greatest staff, who know how long Blurymind will be around with his fancy video editors…

Just some ideas.

2 Likes

Done, added in the comments :sunglasses:

Next time I’ll put a huge watermark, a picture of my face painted with the logo of GD5, a screenshot of my scanned birth certificate besides a copy a the GDevelop executable and my social security ID.

3 Likes

That is different, financial institutions required by law in most countries to investigate where money is coming from, for what purpose and where money is spent for what purpose especially if we are talking about a big sum of money. But when it comes to loan money it different because once they got your ID and signature the law is on their side, by signing the contract you agree to pay them and it is a very heavy subject when the question raised if it was really you who signed the contract. In most cases the law is in favour of the banks, you have no choice but to pay and the only thing you can do is go after who steal your identity to get your money back. So the procedure is different…

Anyway, be careful when you share your real identity documents, “made with GDevelop” in title or description is good enough :smiley:

1 Like

Oh man, you don’t live in a third world paradise savaged by narcotrafic. Things are different here :wink:

2 Likes

Here is an update. This video looks better:

https://youtu.be/Pn-W8lrWrI0

6 Likes

Love the idea … here is a trailer of “Miko’s Adventures”
(Coming very soon) :wink:

Trailer : youtube.com/watch?v=39uOFAOcNj0

5 Likes

some really cool trailers here. I will need to update the sizzle video :slight_smile:
keep them coming guys

2 Likes

Hey guys! Our new game “Eggventure: Savior of Galaxy” is up on the play store.
This game is made entirely with Gdevelop! and this is the first game we created!

The promo video and the game app link will be down here :slight_smile:

Game Promo Video link: youtube.com/watch?v=y4WAsK-aQlg

Google Play Store: play.google.com/store/apps/deta … ture&hl=en

3 Likes

LINK: youtube.com/watch?v=_brQKz77CSY

Here is a demo of my current project :slight_smile:

This games idea is supposed to have the feel of “heart of darkness” with the sneaking action of “metal gear solid”

Only the characters and traps are completed. I used a background I found on the internet just for testing purposes. I am currently building the spaceship interior where all the action is going to take place.

Still a really early project but I hope you like it

8 Likes

Hello! So many cool games! I’m making one too hehe!
Mine is a dress up game for mobile! (Coming soon)
I updated the trailer, here the link!
I hope you enjoy it!

18 Likes