GDevelop Linux

Hello, when I execute ./“Start Game Develop” I have this error, and nothing happens:

GDIDE: /home/florian/Programmation/GameDevelop2/ExtLibs/llvm/include/llvm/Support/CommandLine.h:646: void llvm::cl::parser::addLiteralOption(const char*, const DT&, const char*) [with DT = llvm::FunctionPass* ()(), DataType = llvm::FunctionPass (*)()]: Assertion findOption(Name) == Values.size() && "Option already exists!"' failed. ./Start Game Develop: línea 6: 2706 Abortado (core’ generado) ./GDIDE

I have Ubuntu 12.04

Are you using the latest version of GD?

Yes, I download GD this morning from the official site.

I also have Ubuntu 12.04 and have the same “Option already exists” issue that Lizard-13 is saying. I also downloaded GD just today. Hope you can fix this because GD is great! I use it in Windows 7 with no problems

It’s strange… I’ll try to compile Game Develop on a fresh installation of Ubuntu 12.04, maybe it can solve the issue.

Hi!,

I’m having trouble running GameDevelop on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
(I know the download says Ubuntu 12.10 but Im trying to get it working on this version since it’s I cant really update, its the computer at work :smiley:)

When I run the GDIDE I get:
./GDIDE: error while loading shared libraries: libGDCore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Tried with sudo, checked if libGDCore.so file is in there, it is (in the same folder as GDIDE).

Hope there’s something I can do to fix it :slight_smile:
Thank you for your time.

Cheers!,
Nahuel.

Hi,

Sorry for the double post.
My bad, I was running GDIDE instead of ./StartGameDevelop.sh

It just asked me to install a few things from Software Center and all well for now :smiley:

Keep up the good work!

Hi

May I have a Saucy proglem? I deleted

./GDIDE: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

thx

Hi 4ian, amazing work on this project, truly. I run fedora, and GD doesn’t want to run without build-essentials. There are equivalencies for fedora, but dpkg is looking for that. Any ideas on how I could circumvent the check?

thanks

You could open the “Start Game Develop” script and delete all the checks made.
You basically just need the “export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.” line and then “./GDIDE”.

Note that I’ve not tested GD on Fedora: The packages and libraries are different from Ubuntu so it might not even be able to launch.

Hi,

I’ve many problems when i try to launch your soft on my two computer, they have both 13.10 64bits ubuntu, ubuntu have been install whith the same usb key.

The first (computer) me dit “You must install “ia32-libs”, “libc6-dev-i386” et “g+±multilib” before runing Game Develop.”
When i’ve clear the StartGameDevelop.sh (like the previous post says) i get this problem : "
The second “./GDIDE: error while loading shared libraries: libgailutil.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

Sorry for my bad english, i hope that you understand ^^
(i make the “translation” with my own head not with google XD)

As error said, you MUST install 32bit libs in your Ubuntu. Game Develop, being 32bit app, won’t run correctly on 64bit system without installing 32bit libs. Also it gives Ubuntu package names, so you just need to apt-get it.

I’ve released Game Develop 3.2.68.
This version is fully compatible with Ubuntu 13.10 64-bits (From now, I’ll ensure that GD works on the latest version of Ubuntu 64bits. It is a bit sad for people using older versions, but it allows me to be sure to provide something which is fully working with a nice user experience).

Note that this version comes with a nice package allowing to install Game Develop using the Ubuntu Software Center. :slight_smile:

Pardon, Mr. 4Ian, is there any prevision for the Ubuntu’s 32bit version? Sadly my computer isn’t 64 bits…

GD doesn’t support Linux 32bits computers anymore.

That’s the price for the progress… :frowning: But no one can blame it, the 32bit computers are about to get obsolete. Too bad many people still use it and yet have no conditions to change it.

I’m sorry to drop the support for 32bits computer with Linux, but as every new PC is now using a 64bits CPU and as a lot of people are using the 64bit version of Ubuntu, I prefer to build and test GD on this version of Ubuntu :neutral_face:
I think it’s better than having a 32bit version of GD that does not work correctly with Ubuntu 64bits.

Thank you for making a Linux distribution; it is greatly appreciated! I am very interested in trying this development software.

Just two things–

1.) I could not find it in Ubuntu software center… Not a major issue, since I could download and install from the GD home page without difficulty, but I thought you should know. Maybe it’s just my problem since I’m running Ubuntu Software Center installed on Linux Mint 16–though, it shouldn’t be a problem.

2.) I think I encountered a bug while going through the tutorial. I’ll post it in the bugs forum.

EDIT: A link to my bug report:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4723

But couldn’t you make two versions, 32bit and 64bit?

The problem is that the 64 bits version of Game Develop will produce only 64 bits games and the 32 bits version of Game Develop will produce 32 bits games.